The Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung (IKZ) is a leading research institution in the area of science & technology as well as service & transfer of crystalline materials. Our goal is to enable solutions for urgent societal challenges (e.g. communication, artificial intelligence, climate protection, health etc.) by modern electronic & photonic technologies. The work covers the full spectrum from basic over applied research up to pre-industrial development and is performed in collaboration with national and international partners from university, academy and industry. The institute is part of Forschungsverbund Berlin (https://www.fv-berlin.de/) and a member of the Leibniz Association www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de. You can find more details on the institute webpage: www.ikz-berlin.de. As a spart of FAIRmat (https://www.fair-di.eu/fairmat/consortium) and the brand-new NOMAD HUB - NOMAD Data Center at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin we are seeking a highly qualified and motivated colleague to join the dynamic NOMAD team towards shaping the future of materials science.
We are offering a position as a
Data Science Team Leader (m/f/d)
FAIRmat stands for FAIR Data Infrastructure for Condensed-Matter Physics and the Chemical Physics of Solids. FAIRmat is a consortium of the National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI, which is building a FAIR data infrastructure for materials science and related research areas. The NOMAD HUB - NOMAD Data Center at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin is the FAIRmat headquaters. NOMAD Novel Materials Discovery Laboratory is the biggest data store in computational materials science, worldwide. We are currently advancing its data infrastructure towards materials synthesis, experimental physics, theory, and data processing workflows. The new digital infrastructure and cloud services based on leading-edge IT technologies supports Open Data and Open Science towards data-centric materials science involving Artificial Intelligence.
- Coordinate the project team A Synthesis in the NOMAD HUB (NOMAD Data Center at HU Berlin)
- Lead a small cross-functional team
- Be responsible for setting up and delivering internal milestones, providing regular progress reports
- Represent the project at national and international conferences, workshops, and in scientific publications
- Frequently travel and coordinate activities with partner institutions
- Master or PhD degree in physics, material or computer science, or another relevant field
- Proven experience in collaborative multi-disciplinary, and multi-institute projects
- Expert knowledge in project administration or object-oriented programming, and data modeling
- Experience with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and related virtualization technologies
- Experience with data visualization and scientific workflows or being involved in Research Data activities following FAIR principles
- Experience in agile and/or matrix project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Leadership skills and being a team player are a must
What we offer
A stimulating, multidisciplinary working environment, a pay scale classification (TVÖD) according to qualification up to wage group E 14, ample development opportunities, and flexible working hours. The positions are for 3+2 years with a perspective towards prolongation. The IKZ is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports reconciliation of work and family life. There is equality for applicants of all genders. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
You will work in close collaboration with the FAIRmat headquarters, the brand-new NOMAD Data Center at HU Berlin. The NOMAD - Novel Materials Discovery Laboratory is the biggest data store in computational materials science, worldwide. FAIRmat is advancing its data infrastructure towards materials synthesis, experimental physics, theory, and data processing workflows. The new digital infrastructure and cloud services, based on leading edge IT technologies supports Open Data and Open Science towards data-centric materials science involving Artificial Intelligence.
For information about the project please contact:
Dr. Martin Albrecht Tel.: +49(0)30-6392-3094 firstname.lastname@example.org
Have we aroused your interest?
Then apply directly by clicking on the "Apply online" button below with a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and all relevant certificates by 10.09.2021.
We look forward to receiving your application!