The Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung (IKZ) is a leading research institution in the area of science & technology as well as service & transfer of crystalline materials. Our goal is to enable solutions for urgent societal challenges (e.g. communication, artificial intelligence, climate protection, health etc.) by modern electronic & photonic technologies. The work covers the full spectrum from basic over applied research up to pre-industrial development and is performed in collaboration with national and international partners from university, academy and industry. The institute is part of Forschungsverbund Berlin (https://www.fv-berlin.de/) and a member of the Leibniz Association www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de. You can find more details on the institute webpage: www.ikz-berlin.de.
We are offering a position as a
Group Leader “Transport & Electrical Properties” (m/f/d)
We are looking for an experienced senior scientist in physics or materials science to lead the topic group "Transport and Electrical Properties". The main task is to support the various research groups at IKZ by electrical characterization of semiconductor crystals (e.g. oxides, group IV, III-V etc.) grown at IKZ. The very aim is the optimization of relevant parameters for future applications in novel electronic devices. For this, the institute has a comprehensive set of methods, such as temperature-dependent conductivity and Hall effect measurements, current/capacitance voltage measurements, and deep-level transient spectroscopy. These are complemented by optical methods such as photothermal ionization spectroscopy, Raman scattering, and infrared absorption. In future, micro-structuring by photolithography will be of primary importance in sample/contact preparation. The candidate is invited to build up her / his own international reputation in the field by active networking with international partners & third party project acquisition.
- Electrical characterization of crystalline materials grown at IKZ
- Developing and adopting characterization techniques to the needs of materials grown at the institute
- Acquiring research projects and guiding PhD and master students
- Contribute to the exchange in international research collaborations
- Publish your results and contribute to the research progress in the field
- PhD in physics sciences or a physics related technical discipline
- Solid knowledge in solid state physics and in the physics of defects in semiconductors
- Excellent experimental skills and knowledge in the above-mentioned characterization techniques
- Excellent capability of scientific work as well as its documentation and presentation proven by over-average publication activities
- International experience by Postdoc stays e.g. in US, China, Taiwan Korea, Israel & Japan.
- Good knowledge of the English language,
- Ability for team-work in an international team
What we offer
A stimulating, multidisciplinary working environment, a pay scale classification (TVÖD) according to qualification, ample development opportunities, and flexible working hours. The positions are for 3+2 years with a perspective towards prolongation. The IKZ is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports reconciliation of work and family life. There is equality for applicants of all genders. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
For information about the project please contact:
Dr. Martin Albrecht: Tel.: +49(0)30-6392-3094 email@example.com
Have we aroused your interest?
Then apply directly by clicking on the "Apply online" button below with a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and all relevant certificates by 29.10.2021.
We look forward to receiving your application!