The Leibniz-Institute for Crystal Growth (IKZ) is a leading research institution in the area of science & technology as well as service & transfer of crystalline materials. Our goal is to enable solutions for urgent societal challenges (e.g. communication, artificial intelligence, climate protection, health etc.). by modern electronic & photonic technologies. The work covers the full spectrum from basic over applied research up to pre-industrial development and is performed in collaboration with national and international partners from university, academy and industry. The institute is part of the Forschungsverbund Berlin (https://www.fv-berlin.de/) and a member of the Leibniz Association www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de. You can find more details on the institute webpage: www.ikz-berlin.de.
We are offering a
PhD Student or Postdoc Position (m/f/d)
for the topic:
“Machine learning supported optimisation of Czochralski crystal growth”
For a Czochralski growth of single crystals for the next generation of devices in high power electronics, optoelectronics, sensing systems and photovoltaics, furnace design and process parameters must be optimized. Common approaches based on computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations require tremendous time efforts without generalization and learning ability. As a member of our simulation team you will contribute to the Czochralski process development and optimization. Your task will be to use various machine learning methods to develop a digital twin of this process and finally to optimize it.
- Sc or equivalent degree in data/computer/physical/chemical/engineering sciences for PhD Student position
- Sc or equivalent degree in data/computer/physical/chemical/engineering sciences for Postdoc position
- Profound modelling background in machine learning
- Proven experience in numerical modeling using CFD software is an advantage.
- Programming (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab) skills are an advantage.
- Profound English language skills
What we offer
- Possibility to contribute to exciting applied science and specialize in a high-tech sector using machine learning methods
- Fixed term contract for 3 years with payment according to TVöD (75% for PhD and 100% for Postdoc)
The IKZ is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports reconciliation of work and family life. Therefore, female candidates are encouraged to apply and will be preferred in case of adequate qualification. Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
For information about the project please contact: Dr. Natascha Dropka at email@example.com.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then apply directly by clicking on the “Apply online” button below with a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and all relevant certificates.