The Leibniz-Institute for Crystal Growth (IKZ) is a leading research institution in the area of science & technology as well as service & transfer of crystalline materials. Our goal is to enable solutions for urgent societal challenges (e.g. communication, artificial intelligence, climate protection, health etc.). by modern electronic & photonic technologies. The work covers the full spectrum from basic over applied research up to pre-industrial development and is performed in collaboration with national and international partners from university, academy and industry. The institute is part of the Forschungsverbund Berlin (https://www.fv-berlin.de/) and a member of the Leibniz Association www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de. You can find more details on the institute webpage: www.ikz-berlin.de.
We are offering a
Postdoc Position (m/f/d)
for the topic:
“CFD modelling of crystal growth processes”
For a bulk growth of single crystals for the next generation of devices in high-power electronics, optoelectronics, sensing systems and photovoltaics, the new furnace design has to be developed and the parameters of the new crystal growth process have to be optimized. As a member of our simulation team, you will contribute to the understanding and optimization of different crystal growth processes for different materials. We are looking for a dynamic personality willing to pursue her / his scientific career by defining & establishing new research topics (e.g. plant engineering / industry 5.0 / artificial intelligence) in close collaboration with our IKZ teams.
- PhD or equivalent degree in physical/chemical/engineering sciences
- Proven experience in numerical modeling using CFD software.
- Programming (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab) skills are an advantage.
- Profound English language skills
What we offer
- Possibility to contribute to exciting applied science and specialize in a high-tech sector using advanced numerical methods including machine learning.
- Fixed term contract for 2 years with payment according to TVöD
- Opportunity for tenured position to develop a scientific research career at IKZ based on successful track recording (i. p. scientific visibility by publications & third party funding).
For academic questions please contact: Dr. Natasha Dropka at email@example.com.
The IKZ is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports reconciliation of work and family life. Therefore, female candidates are encouraged to apply and will be preferred in case of adequate qualification. Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then apply with a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and all relevant certificates. To do so, please go to Job offers/jobs on our homepage and click on this advertisement and then on "Apply online". Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.