The Leibniz-Institute for Crystal Growth (IKZ) is a leading research institution in the area of science & technology as well as service & transfer of crystalline materials. Our goal is to enable solutions for urgent societal challenges (e.g. communication, artificial intelligence, climate protection, health etc.). by modern electronic & photonic technologies. The work covers the full spectrum from basic over applied research up to pre-industrial development and is performed in collaboration with national and international partners from university, academy and industry. The institute is part of the
Forschungsverbund Berlin (https://www.fv-berlin.de/) and a member of the Leibniz Association www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de. You can find more details on the institute webpage:
Job opening for an
Expert in Float-Zone Silicon Crystal Growth (m/f/d)
The IKZ is seeking to hire an expert for the Float-Zone (FZ) process for silicon single crystals. The FZ growth of silicon crystals with superior properties, for application in high-power devices, photonics or in fundamental research, is a unique expertise of our institute. Our state-of-the-art FZ lab
equipment allows the production of silicon crystals with a diameter ranging from a few mm up to 8 inch. As a key player in our FZ group you will contribute to our application-oriented research and development tasks. According to your qualification, your area of responsibility will span over all
technical aspects of the FZ process, the growth of single crystals, FZ process and equipment
development, scientific work and project acquisition and management. You will train students,
instruct technicians and collaborate with engineers and researchers from other disciplines.
- Proven experience in FZ crystallization of silicon in academia or industry
- A Master degree or PhD, with relevant background in process engineering, thermodynamics, electromagnetics, semiconductor physics, chemistry, crystallography and characterization
- Expertise in the FZ technology and current research in this field
- Willing to author scientific reports and publications, project proposals and present on
- English oral and writing skills at business level (German is a plus)
- Teamplayer and hands-on mentality
What we offer
- An exciting challenge with the opportunity to realize own ideas in your area of expertise
- Work in modern laboratory environment and contribute to state-of-the art science
- Fixed term contract for 2 years with payment according to TVöD.
For academic questions please contact: Dr. Robert Menzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to disabled candidates. The IKZ is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports reconciliation of work and family life.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then apply directly by clicking on the "Apply online" button below with a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and all relevant certificates.
We look forward to receiving your application!